How To Use Rotary Evaporator Distillation Alcohol?
TOPTION rotary evaporator is designed for distilling in schools, laboratories or factories. Together with the
accessories recommended by manufacturer, the rota evaporator alcohol distillation equipment is suitable for:
- Quick and gentle distillation of liquids.
- Evaporation of solutions and suspensions.
- Crystallisation, synthesis or cleaning of fine chemicals.
- Drying of powder and granulate material.
- Recycling of solvents.
How to use laboratory rotary evaporator safely?
1. Wear your personal protective equipment in accordance with the hazard category of the medium to be
processed. Otherwise there is a risk of:
- Splashing liquids.
- Body parts, hair, clothing and jewellery getting caught.
- Injury as a result of glass breakage.
2. Set up the rotavapor in a spacious area on an even, stable, clean, non-slip, dry and fireproof surface.
Check the device, accessories and especially the glass parts for damage. Do not use damaged components.
3. Ensure that the glass assembly is tension-free! Danger of cracking as a result of:
- Stress due to incorrect assembly,
- External mechanical hazards,
- Local temperature peaks.
4. The safe temperature limit of the heating bath must always be set to at least 25 °C lower than the fire
point of the media used.
5. The glassware of rotary evaporator is designed for operation under a vacuum of up to 10 mbar. The
rotary evaporator must be evacuated prior to heating (see chapter ”Commissioning”). The equipment must
only be aired again after cooling.
6. Please do not operate the appliance in explosive atmospheres, with hazardous substances or under water.
7. CAUTION! Avoid peroxide formation. Organic peroxides can accumulate in distillation and exhaust residues
and explode while decomposing.
8. DANGER OF BURNING! The heating bath, tempering medium, evaporator piston and glass assembly
can become hot during operation and remain so for a long time afterwards! Let the components cool off
before continuing work with the device.
9. ATTENTION! Avoid delayed boiling! Never heat the evaporating flask in the heating bath without switching
on the rotary drive!Sudden foaming or exhaust gases indicate that flask content is beginning to decompose.
Switch off heating immediately.
Above are safety instructions of rotary evaporator, please pay attention every point all are very important
when you use rotary evaporation equipment. - Thanks TOPTION rotary evaporator engineers share these
information for us, wish could help you, even through help a little, is our achievement of our effort.
More detail information for rotary evaporator operation, maintenance, price or customization, welcome
contact firstname.lastname@example.org 24h/7days we're here for you.